Notes from Southeast Asia: The contents of this blog reflect only my opinions and thoughts and are in no way associated with the U.S. Goverment, the U.S. Peace Corps or the Royal Thai Goverment

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thailand!

I love you guys. I had a chance to get back online and thought I would write a quick little hello. It actually rained here today. We were not expecting rain AT ALL for another couple of months but it rained pretty hard for about half an hour and was an excellent reprieve....still very very hot though. We are having Thai night tonight which is going to be full of singing and dancing and food. We get to wear traditional Thai clothes (I am just wearing a pansee - sarang...well and a shirt too of course). I love Thailand.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is everything made with peanut sauce there? Because that's all they ever bring me at Thai restaraunts. Now, technically, it's all I ever order, but based on my sample, it's the only kind of Thai food there is.

Gayle said...

OK, so I'll vouch for the fact that Thai food is some of the most delicious I've ever tasted. Peanut sauce is only the beginning. Sadie, let me know when you've had the chicken curry noodle soup for lunch and tell me it is about the best thing you every wrapped your lips around.

Emily said...

Welcome to Thailand! I'm in group 117. Will be heading to training in a couple of weeks to talk about TCCO stuff and AIDS work. Keep up the spirit! :)

Amy said...

Sadie, I'm glad the site is working out, and I'm so excited to see pictures!