Notes from Southeast Asia: The contents of this blog reflect only my opinions and thoughts and are in no way associated with the U.S. Goverment, the U.S. Peace Corps or the Royal Thai Goverment

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Donuts

Hey, so I intended to write more than I am going to but I got into writing a pretty lengthy email to Jess about the nature of humanity....now I get to write about more cheery things like Peace Corps lonlieness. During training we were told the story of a Peace Corps volunteer who pretty much dropped out of contact from everyone. Some of the staff went to his site to make sure he was ok and as they neared his house delicious scents of donuts filled the air. The staff soon discovered that the volunteer had turned his house into a bakery, but no so much in a sugar coated, lovey sort of way....no, this volunteer had gone so crazy with lonliness that he spent day and night baking donuts - the spongey breakfast desserts occupied every space in his house.....occassionally, I get random thoughts that I could very easily become the Donut Girl. Ok, ok, so this sounds very serious simply because I have told you that I am lonely but I write this all in jest (well, mostly all in jest). Soon, I promise, I will stop writing about the loneliness....I can say, however, that it rained again today which comes as a very welcome surprise....I'm going to be able to wear a long sleeve shirt tonight to bed!!! I have never seen rain like I have seen here in Thailand. The other day it rained so hard I was honestly a little scared! I have a very sneaky suspicion that the internet is going to give out on me so I am going to attempt to post what I have here.....love to all.

No comments: