Notes from Southeast Asia: The contents of this blog reflect only my opinions and thoughts and are in no way associated with the U.S. Goverment, the U.S. Peace Corps or the Royal Thai Goverment

Monday, April 9, 2007

Is it BM? Is it really???




Oh these picture make me miss Sakeo. These was taken during our English Camp during training. The kids in the first picture are competing for the best monkey impression. I don't remember who won but I sure hope the kid in the front did....pretty good huh? The students do wear uniforms but a different set everyday. I believe this is their Monday uniform. The second picture is a group of girls doing a dance for us. It is very common for girls to dress up and do traditional Thai dances - and as you can see, they start at a very early age. The picture below is part of our TCCO group on the way to visit a school. I got to sit in the Air conditioned van that day! :) I just got back from doing the first of a 3 day english camp. It definitely wasn't the best camp there ever was and hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Before we were sworn in as volunteers, we were warned that the first three months at site were going to be very difficult; that most volunteers experience a decrease in overall satisfaction (they even created a timeline for us). Yah. It's true. I am missing home so incredibly much right now. I am missing my home in the states and also my home in Sakeo. I feel like my language learning has come to a screaching halt - I've probably only learned about 10 new words these past two weeks. This makes it quite difficult to talk to people - I'm not exactly having a lot of varied conversation right now - my Thai is extinguished at some point and asking "arai na" (what?) and saying "mai kao jai" (I don't understand) so many times is very trying. I'm feeling extremely inadequate as a volunteer right now as well....sigh. I'm meeting some friends in about a month though so I look forward to that. Hope everyone is ok thousands of miles away :)

No comments: